Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Failure

"Failure is an event, not a person." -Craig Groeschel, "Confessions of a Pastor"

Have you had a really good failure recently? That's right, I said a "good failure." It's not an oxymoron. So often the best things we do happen immediately following a failure. Failure can mean we're stretching ourselves. Failure can mean we're open to creativity. Failure can mean we dared to try.

Here's the thing - it's cliche but true, if you haven't failed recently than you haven't tried to do anything extraordinary. Some people are okay with boring, but I'm not. I don't want to live a boring life and I don't think God created me to live a boring life. God created me and He created you for greatness. After all, that's why God made us in His image. If God wanted boring people He would have picked a different mold.

What is God pushing you to do that you've been pushing off? What are you dreaming about at night and working toward when you get out of bed?

Get to it, the time is now!


No comments: