Monday, January 11, 2010

Wishin' and Hopin' and Thinkin' and Prayin'

Am I the only one singing Dusty Springfield's song this week? We're here, the week we've been waiting for and planning for and praying for and hoping for, and you know what I can't stop thinking about...NEXT WEEK.

Funny how that happens. In this particular case, I think it's a good thing. I'm pumped beyond all imagination for worship this Sunday, but I'm also dreaming big for all the weeks that come after b/c this week is just the "launch" into a future of being used to further God's Kingdom and make the name of Jesus famous in our community and all over the world - can you believe we get to be part of God's plan in this extraordinary way??!!!

My mind is racing with thoughts about how we can reach out in love and practical faith to people half a world away. I'm thinking about how we're going to pour ourselves into the next generations and raise kids who are passionate for Jesus and teenagers who are willing and able to make bold decisions to live differently than the world tells them to live. I'm salivating about all the time we'll spend together worshiping the God who has given us EVERYTHING! I'm jumping up and down about our small groups of people who will be able to go deeper in their spiritual walk and hold each other accountable to a higher calling.

As we pray and plan and INVITE for this week, keep in mind that this Sunday is not the finish line, but the start of the race. We press on as Paul said to win the prize for which God has called us heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Here we go!!!


No comments: