Monday, January 18, 2010

The Second Day

It's a good thing God didn't create the light and the darkness and then lose momentum.

It had to have been exhilarating. I mean, I'm sure God knew He was good, but He had to be pumped when He created light and darkness and saw how amazing it was. I have to think God has some high standards, so if he said it was good, you know it was out-of-sight (or rather in-sight seeing as there was this new thing called light). I picture God partying into the night and reveling in this new creation. And then, it was the second day. And God said, let's see if I can do something even more amazing...

And He did.

Here we are today on day #50 kazillion, and God is still creating, still making everything new and amazing and earth-changing.

Now, I'll be honest, after all our talk about running yesterday morning in worship, I went home exhausted. But, I couldn't sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about all of the amazing things God had done. We had so many new families in worship. We gave an offering of over $6k to the earthquake victims in Haiti. We had 10 kids in the preK-1st grade class who learned that Jesus loves them and wants to be their friend forever. We had eight 2 and 3 year olds who learned the same thing and we had 6 babies in the nursery being loved on by some of my favorite people who I know are filled with the love of Christ that was poured into those little ones. We remembered God's faithfulness in our worship and our hope that isn't shaken or taken away by day-to-day circumstances because our life is secured forever in Jesus Christ. "My Lord, what a morning" as the old song says.

And it only gets better from here because God never slumbers nor sleeps. I'm sitting in Biggby's right now dreaming and anticipating our time together this coming Sunday - I hope you are too!

No comments: