Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Never By Our Own Strength

My little Jacob has been sick for over a week, which translates to the fact that Clark and I have not slept in over a week. I don't know about you, but I can run fairly well for a few days on little to no sleep, but when it catches up, it ain't pretty. I get irritable and unfocused. I can't make basic decisions like what to eat, so I skip meals which makes me even crabbier, and the downward spiral continues.

"What terrible timing" is what I've been thinking for 10 days now. Just as we're in the midst of launching and life is busier then ever, I'm running on empty.

Now, please don't misunderstand what I'm about to say. In no way do I think that God made Jacob sick to teach me a lesson. However, I do think God is using the situation to remind me of something crucial - nothing we do for God and/or with God is every by our own strength. We are entirely dependent on the power and strength of He who lives in us.

I often fancy myself Superwoman, but Superwoman I am not.

Child of God I am - I think that's better.

No comments: