Thursday, March 25, 2010
Lessons I'm learning from my 13-month old about planting a church:
1. Just because you can walk on your own, doesn't mean you shouldn't find a hand to hold sometimes. We all need a little help so we don't fall over in the rough patches.
2. Yelling louder doesn't translate to everyone understanding you better and doing what you want.
3. Be fearless. Trust that your dad has your back.
4. Dream big - nothing is impossible. As far as he knows, stuffed animals can talk.
5. Smile at strangers - you just might make their day and open the door to a meaningful conversation.
6. Be thrilled with the little things. Jacob thinks it's Christmas every time I walk in the door. (It's easy to get discouraged if you don't take time to celebrate all of the joys and victories, no matter how small.)
7. Take time to explore everyday. Creativity isn't found staring at a computer screen or sitting in the same chair day-after-day.
8. Love people - after all, the church is people.