Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Newest Aspiration

Surfing. I want to learn to surf. (Speaking of which, does anyone reading this either know how to surf or know someone who knows how to surf who would be willing to teach me?)

I love the water - the lake, the river, the ocean, the pool, you name it. It's one of the huge perks to living in the lowcountry of South Carolina. While I don't aspire to be one of those surfers out catching 50 foot waves that could kill you in an instant if you fall, I think surfing east-coast-style looks incredibly fun accompanied by enough thrill to get my adrenaline pumping and my heart racing.

When's the last time you felt your adrenaline pumping? When's the last time you chased an adventure like surfers chase the perfect wave? "When's the last time you said "wa-hoo!'?" (the movie "IQ", anybody?)

I don't want to live a boring life. I want to have stories to tell, adventures to share. I want to push the limits, and I believe that's exactly how God made me - and you. We weren't created to live safe, average lives. God created us for the extraordinary. I'm not talking about doing stupid things and being reckless with our lives, but I am talking about dreaming big and working hard. I'm talking about running a fever brought on by an infection called life.

Who's with me?

2 comments:

POPS said...

Tried surfing, did not stick with me. Found out I could meet more girls if I learned how to Shag, so I threw away the surf board, danced on the hardwood, sand in my shoes, even barefooted. Oh well I am with you , but at my age if I fall I will have to tell God you said it was OK to get my arenaline going. I can do the dreaming part with my eyes closed.

All jokes aside,Great Blog. Don't ever give up, give it your all. We all need to live our lives to the fullest, I don't think God wants us on the sidelines of life, HE wants us in the game.

POPS

Unknown said...

Get Robert to show you.

Nan