Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Some Political Thoughts on State of the Union Day

For all of the obvious reasons, I avoid political commentary on this blog.  However, some of you may know that I have a secret passion for all things political.  In college, I majored in political science and had opportunities to intern for U.S. Representative Todd Platts and the policy research and reporting group, Stateline.org.  (If you're really interested and desperate for something to do, you can go to Stateline and search the archive for articles by Jennifer Brown :)

I realized my senior year of college that God had different plans for me than the political writing world I had envisioned.  I am so incredibly grateful for the turn my life took, but I still enjoy the political world and today I had an opportunity to write a guest review on George W. Bush's new memoir, "Decision Points," for the Gutenberg Girls blog.

Check it out here.

I highly recommend the book for people of all political persuasions and particularly for leaders in all fields.

What have you read lately that impacted you?

No comments: