Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rwanda Countdown

We leave in 8 days - to say I'm pumped is an understatement!  Tomorrow I start taking the typhoid and malaria pills (maybe slightly less pumped about that).  

I've heard it said that the Rwandan Genocide in 1994 was the greatest tragedy of the 20th century with almost a million lives lost in only 100 days, but the recovery and reconciliation and growth of Rwanda is shaping up to be one of the greatest triumphs of the 21st century.  Right now, they're in the land between.  I don't really know how to prepare for a trip like this, but I'm guessing there will be tears of sadness mingled with tears of joy, moments of hope and moments of realization of how much there is to be done.

Check out this story put together by People of the Second Chance - 



POTSC - Emmanuels Story from TK on Vimeo.


I hope I get to meet this Emmanuel in Rwanda.

I know I will meet Emmanuel in Rwanda.

No comments: