Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"God did not give you a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power,
love and self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

And yet, how often do we live timid lives? How often do we spend time agonizing and planning over how to please people and keep the waters tame? We weren't meant to hide in our shells, we were meant to live in the sun.


Power, love, self-discipline...it's an interesting list. Faith, hope and love seem to have a more obvious connection. I have some thoughts, but today I would rather hear yours.

What do you think of when you hear that we've been given a spirit of power, love and self-discipline? What would your day look like if you grabbed hold of that spirit?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think: where do I hide my spirit? Why can't I push it out to the front line and keep it there? It feels like a rubber band that keeps stretching. Then finally at its limit- it swoops back and snaps my fingers.
My day would be productive and filled with substance. I do have those days. I love those days! I think I get so wrapped up in the junk that I can't see around it.
My new prayer will be for new eyes. To see the junk and to
maneuver around it.